BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 17, 2010

I Dream A World Essay

Simple, powerful, and touching. The three basic things that make any good writing worth reading. The type of piece that gives you Goosebumps, so to say. Without poems, stories, or even quotes like this the world would be totally hopeless. Example; if Dr. King did NOT have a dream our society would be where it was 50 years ago, for the most part. We all have dreams, but only the ones that matter actually move a person or a group of people. I believe that without dreams and self centered goals like the one talked about in this poem, we as people would be no where in life. I see dreams as another version of taking a chance, without them life would have no purpose in life and it would NOT be worth living.

This piece has a lot of areas I would like to give my opinions on. Like for instance, the hopes and dreams coming out of the stanzas are deep and powerful. They make you look outside your community for a brief moment and see what’s wrong in our world. I believe that’s the problem now with our modern society, we all or most of us are pretty narcissistic and only are willing to do things that benefit us. Or we see a problem taking shape and do nothing about it, and that’s what I like about this poem. This man saw what was going wrong around him and he decided to take action instead of give up. He wanted to do what he thought was right in his heart and in his personal belief to change things. We all struggle at some point in life, but it’s up to us and only us to go out and do something about the current situation.

I am Hispanic/Latino and I constantly get profiled and kicked out of places’ that are not the south valley. It’s like I’m always going to do something wrong in someone else’s eyes, just cause the majority of Hispanic people are involved with drugs and violence does not mean they all are. I’m the complete opposite of that, I’m a poet, an artist, a political activist, an athlete, a mentor, come on, I even volunteer to help older and younger people. I’m someone who wants to leave a dent in society and I look up to others that have done that. Langston Hughes clearly left his mark and took a lot of people with him. His name is going to be herd for decades to come, why? Because he did what he knew what was right in his heart. Through a poem or in a protest on the street, this man opened eyes to so many people.

We as a nation need to learn where to draw the line. The whole idea of trying to kick out a race from a specific area is just plain wrong. To some that area was a sanctuary, that’s what your home and your community should be. If you’re not relaxed there you won’t be anywhere. Okay, look things this way if you have a candy bar and someone comes up and try’s to take it you’re not going to let them. Why is this? It’s because that is your candy bar. Now let’s take it a step further, say you bought that candy bar instead of just owning it, with that principal involved its less likely you’re going to just give it away. After all you did apply yourself at a job for hours, trying to support yourself and possibly others. Then at the end of the day you say "hey I want to spoil myself a little and once you whip out your reward someone tries to claim it for them self. You’re not going to just give up there so why do it with anything else in your life?

Now that I have took a moment or moments to get my point and opinions across it’s all up to you to decide how you want to look at what I’m saying, hell is your choice if you even want to sit here and read my views about things.

0 comments: