BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the kids aren't alright

Ever feel like leaving? Getting up and just walking away from the life you have? Well I do, I feel that way right now. Fuck this shit. I’m not happy; I have it all, the power, fame, and all the money. My name is Carlos Romero, I live in albucrazy New Mexico and my life sucks. Born into a life of wealth and power is the American dream. I can get whatever I want whenever. As pleasing as that sounds it’s not really all that great. They way I see it is you can’t have up without a down, you know what I mean? I’m 16 I have a car, a big house, mom and dad, 200 dollars every day, but I hate it. I’m so unhappy with all the narcissism coming from the people around me. My dad tries to get a dollar here a dollar there, my mom don’t give a fuck about my dad, being at the store seeing a poor man in need of some guideless and all the peers can say is hurtful fucked up comments about him. Bullshit, I’m out of here. What happened to morals and culture? Now a day’s folks only care about money.


I need someone with some piece of mind and that can show me true happiness. I’m taking a bus north till I find a stop that has the right vibe to it. I leave all my prized positions back with my greedy family all I’m take is my clothes on my back and 1000 dollars for food and water.

On so I’ve been on the road now for 18 hours and I’m finally getting off, I ended this road trip in South Dakota. Getting that feeling that I am free is so amazing. To think this is only the start of my journey.

So I get off the bus and head for a resting spot. All I want right now is to stretch my legs for a few, go eat a nice meal, and sleep in a nice bed. On my way to a local diner I see what most Americans see around our nation. I see a homeless man asking for money right outside the door from the restaurant. All the individuals he asks for a little of anything blow him off or lie to his face, as if he where an animal. This man is in a brown faded rain coat, a pair of Levis, torn around the knees. His facial hair has a color of brown but should be white, and his hands are scared up. He and I make eye contact a few feet before he says it, “excuse me sir, do you happen to have some change to spare?” Back at home I could never help him out or all hell would break lose. My stomach has trembling feeling on the inside and I’m sure his does as well. Ashamed of the question he asked me he looks away waiting for an answer, or his usual denial. Not this time, I want to help out this man and I want to fallow my morals so instead of giving him money I reply “no I’m sorry, but however you may feel free to join me for a meal” in shock he asks me to repeat myself so I do and as he sits there with a blank look on his face speechless I stick out my hand and introduce myself “hey I’m Carlos” he hides his smile and says “Carlos? I’m Ron, thank you.”

For some reason I don’t feel like me but I look at my hand and they are mines, I stare down at my close and they are mines, I turn to the window next to me and look at my reflection. Once again its mines, I try to shake this strange feeling and I too hide my smile. Ron stands up and fallows me inside but it doesn’t take long for evil to trail either. I ask for a table and one of the employee’s try’s to shove Ron out the door. I jump at him and say “no no no, he is with me, chill. Just chill” and everyone round us seems to be thinking the same thing because their facial expressions are all the same. Looking at me like I’m crazy, but ignoring the evil eyes and dirty fingers pointing at me I proceed to take my seat.

Ron seems tense and I tell him to just relax. “Why are you doing this?” he asks and ask “well are you hungry or not?” he reply’s “yes, very nut your more middle class and I’m…” I interrupt him to say “you’re what? A human just like me so relax and order some munchies k?” that smile he once hid from me and the rest of reality finally came out. That feeling that I couldn’t seem to shake is a new feeling and I like it, maybe I can’t shake if for a reason. This feeling is awesome; so much is starting to be lifted off my shoulders and I’m going to keep it off. I’m going to sit here and finish my meal with Ron and stop caring so much.

0 comments: